3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
Borrowers don’t have to be first-time buyers to participate in FHA’s mortgage program; however, it offers a number of features that are popular with consumers purchasing a home for the first time.
LOW DOWN PAYMENTS
Consumers can borrow up to 96.5% of the purchase price (or appraised value) of a home. This lowers the ammount of money that must be saved towards a down payment.
GIFT FUNDS* ARE ALLOWED FOR DOWN PAYMENT & CLOSING COSTS
Relatives, employers, unions, charitable organizations, government agencies, and even friends who have a clearly documented interest in the borrower can gift funds that the borrower can use for down payment and closing costs.
FLEXIBLE CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
Borrowers with limited or less than perfect credit histories benefit from FHA’s more flexible credit guidelines. Lower credit scores are accommodated with FHA, plus alternative credit sources can be considered by lenders when a borrower has limited credit experience.
THE BOTTOM LINE
FHA offers great features that support the needs of many first-time home buyers who have only recently started saving money and building their credit depth.
*Gifts cannot be given by an entity who has an interest in the sale of the property and no repayment of the gift is allowed. Certain limitations may apply to loan products for borrowers with a previous bankruptcy, foreclosure or short-sale and a higher interest rate and/or higher fees may be required.
Home Buyer Tips
- 2 Myths That May Be Holding You Back From Buying
- 5 Reasons Home Ownership is a Good Financial Investment
- Do’s and Don’ts During The Loan Process
- FHA 90 Day Property Flip Waiver
- Getting a Mortgage: Why So Much Paperwork?
- How to know if it’s a condo?
- Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
- Ready To Make An Offer? 4 Tips For Success
- The Perfect Home Loan Application
- What You Need To Know About VA Loans
- Condo Loans - Low Down Payment
- How We Safe Guard Your Information
- Mortgage Insurance
- Niche - Unique Mortgages
- Path 2 Buy
- Rent vs. Buy
- Rising Rent - No Problem
- Student Loan Debt
- The Mortgage Process
- USDA-Wide Open Spaces
- FHA “Back-To-Work: Extenuating Circumstances” Program
- FHA 203k Streamline Rehab Loan
- HomeStyle Renovation
- HUD-184 Native American Program
- Jumbo Loans
- Veterans Assistance Loan Benefits
- Reverse Mortgage
- 3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
- FHA - Home Ownership Opportunities
- FasTrac Approval Process
- Home Ready Program
- Jumbo Plus Loans
- Loan Programs - Pros & Cons
- How Low Interest Rates Increase Your Purchasing Power
- The Power of Pre-Approval for Agents
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed?
- Why Pre-Approval Should Be Your First Step
- Delayed Financing Options
- Discount Points vs Premium Pricing
- Duplex Financing Options
- FICO Scores
- Flipped Property Finance Options
- Jumbo - Credit Challenged
- No Lender Fees
- Union Advantage
- FHA - Benefits
- FHA - Credit Requirements
- FHA - Limited Savings
- FHA - Refinance
- Family Opportunity Program
- Fannie Mae - 97% LTV
- HomeScout: Your Unfair Advantage
- Jumbo - Medical Loan Program
- Luxury Home - 2 Million Max
- NHF Platinum - Down Payment Assistance
- Non-Resident Alien Home Loan